It’s officially summer which means lazy days by the pool and cookouts with friends. Family or friend gatherings with food involved can get difficult for vegans, but they don’t have to be. This vegan pasta salad is the perfect summer dish to bring to that BBQ to please the vegans and non-vegans alike!
It’s super easy, ready in under 20 minutes, and absolutely delicious! Did I mention it’s healthy too? This vegan pasta salad is packed full of fresh summer veggies and tossed in a tangy red wine vinaigrette!
I love to get as much color as possible in my food. Different colors in fruits or veggies means a different nutrient profile which is extremely important for a well balanced diet. That’s why you’ll see a rainbow of color in my recipes (like these rainbow vegan spring rolls) and this pasta salad recipe is no different!
For my veggies I used the pasta salad classics of onion, cucumber, pepper, and tomatoes. They give it a very familiar pasta salad flavor that everyone will know and love, but feel free to experiment with different veggies! I also use fresh parsley as a garnish for a little extra Mediterranean flavor.
Speaking of Mediterranean flavors, the dressing for this pasta salad is a tangy Italian style vinaigrette. It’s a very classic red wine vinaigrette with olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, and Italian spices.
I’d recommend tossing the pasta salad with half of the dressing first and then add more depending on your taste. Just like a regular salad, some people prefer less dressing while others like more.
If you really want to impress those non-vegans then sprinkle in some vegan feta cheese, they won’t even know it’s a vegan pasta salad!
Most traditional recipes also call for Kalamata olives which are a staple in Greek dishes. I’m not a huge fan of olives (I know I’m weird, stop judging me) so I left them out, but definitely experiment with different ingredients to suite your tastes.
In my family you can’t have summer without pasta salad. It’s basically summer in a bowl and is a staple at any cookout or BBQ. If you’re attending a BBQ don’t forget to bring a big pitcher of this super refreshing cucumber lemon mint water. It’s the perfect summer thirst quencher.
Need a dessert to bring to that cookout also? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with these healthy cacao bliss balls. Gooey chocolatey goodness packed with healthy whole foods and protein! Oh, and they’re 100% vegan too.
A super easy vegan pasta salad with fresh summer veggies all tossed in a red wine vinaigrette dressing. The perfect recipe for summer cookouts – done in under 20 minutes!
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 10 oz Grape Tomatoes, halved (about 1 package)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 12 oz Tri-Color Rotini Pasta
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- While water boils core and seed the yellow bell pepper, peel the onion, and pick parsley leaves from the stems
- Once water is boiling add pasta and cook to your box’s instructions
- While pasta cooks, prep the veggies. Dice the bell pepper and cucumber into small cubes, halve the tomatoes, thinly slice the onions, and finely chop the fresh parsley
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a salad dressing bottle or bowl and mix until well combined
- Once pasta has finished cooking drain it and rinse with cold water
- Combine pasta, veggies, and half the dressing in a large bowl and stir until the salad is thoroughly coated with dressing
- Add the remaining dressing to taste
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Vegan pasta salad
Hover over the photo to pin this recipe!