Irresistibly soft and chewy vegan oatmeal raisin cookies drizzled with vanilla icing.
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Raisins (optional)
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cornstarch (helps keep the cookies soft and chewy)
- 3/4 cup Vegan Butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Apple Sauce (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream (the thick creamy part on top of a can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, thoroughly mix together all dry ingredients besides raisins.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients until combined.
- Make a hole in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Fold together until every thing has combined into a thick doughy consistency, but do not over mix.
- Fold in raisins or any mix-ins of your choice into the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop even cookie dough balls onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Flatten cookies to about 1/2 inch thickness (I used the bottom of a glass to do this). The cookies need to be flattened before baking because they do not spread as much as non-vegan cookies during baking.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 10-14 minutes until they are starting to brown around the edges but are still soft in the middle.
- While cookies bake, stir together the icing ingredients. If the icing is too thick, add 1 tsp of coconut milk or milk of your choice as needed to thin the icing to your desired consistency.
- Once done baking, remove cookies from oven and let cool on a cookie cooling rack for about 5 minutes. Drizzle with icing and enjoy!
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: cookies
Keywords: vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, vegan oatmeal cookies, vegan oatmeal cookies with apple sauce