A healthy and edible vegan chickpea cookie dough. This delicious peanut butter chocolate cookie dough is a guilt-free and protein packed way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy it by the spoonful!
- 15 oz can Chickpeas (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup Nut Butter (unsalted, I used peanut butter)
- 5 Dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Drain and thoroughly rinse chickpeas until water runs clear. Peel the chickpeas so that the cookie dough will have a smooth and creamy texture. The best way to do this is to add chickpeas to a large bowl of water then rub them between your hands. The peels will float to the top and the chickpeas will sink. Discard the peels then drain the chickpeas.
- Add the peeled chickpeas and all ingredients besides the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor. Blend/pulse until everything is broken down and you have a thick “doughy” texture.
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie dough and chocolate chips. Fold the chocolate chips in until the mixture is well combined. Enjoy!
- Save up to 50% on organic versions of the ingredients used in this recipe at Thrive Market. First time customers can get an additional 25% off their first order!
- Make eating healthy easy with a Vitamix blender. I use mine for everything from food processing, juicing, homemade nut milks, and of course perfectly smooth smoothies! I recommend the Explorian Series blenders for an affordable option, or the Vitamix A3500 for a top of the line smart blender.
- Category: dessert
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 290g
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 18.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: vegan cookie dough, chickpea cookie dough