Crispy and flavorful tofu vegan “chicken” nuggets with a Chick-Fil-A style breading.
Vegan Chicken Nuggets
- 14 oz Firm Tofu Block, thoroughly drained/pressed
- 1 cup Plain Almond Milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tbsp Pickle Juice (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- Peanut Oil (or oil of choice for frying)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- BBQ Sauce
- Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- 2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Press and thoroughly drain the tofu to remove all excess water. Tear tofu block into bite sized “nuggets”.
- In a bowl, mix all purpose flour and the breading spices (garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and oregano) until combined. In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, pickle juice, and hot sauce. In a third bowl, mix panko bread crumbs and thoroughly season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a 1-inch layer of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. While oil heats, bread the tofu nuggets. Start by coating each nugget in the flour mixture, then dunk them in the milk mixture, finally roll them in the panko bread crumbs.
- Once oil is hot (about 350 F or test by checking if adding a drop of water causes violent bubbling in the oil), add nuggets one at a time with equal spacing. Fry until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Enjoy with the dipping sauces of your choice!
- Category: main dish
- Method: fry
Keywords: vegan chicken nuggets, best vegan chicken nuggets