Don’t let the leafy greens in this chard smoothie fool you! This smoothie has a rich and creamy orange-peach creamsicle flavor, perfect for a nutritious dessert!
While most of my green smoothies are tropical and fruity, I thought I’d take a different approach with this one.
I recently came across an awesome protein brand and I’ve been needing a good smoothie to add my new vanilla protein powder to. This creamy dessert flavored smoothie is the perfect match!
Orange and peach are two fruits that go great with the rich vanilla flavors in this smoothie. Think of peaches and cream or orange creamsicles to get an idea of the flavor.
If you’re looking for a good plant-based protein brand then you should definitely check out Gainful.
You take a short quiz to let them know about your habits, body type, and what you’re looking for whether that is to lose weight, gain muscle, etc. Then they personalize a protein blend just for you!
I chose a protein blend that would both help me tone and maintain muscle while also helping me to lose weight! Here’s what my own personalized Gainful protein blend looks like:
How To Make A
Swiss Chard Smoothie
Wash and dry all of the fresh produce. Peel the banana and orange, and remove the pit from the peach.
Add all smoothie ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Make sure at least one of the fruits you use is frozen, or add a handful of ice.
If you don’t have a high speed blender, try adding just the almond milk, chard, and spinach first. Blend on high until the greens have been fully broken down, then blend the remaining ingredients.
Don’t let the sweet dessert flavors fool you, this chard smoothie is super nutritious!
Spinach makes it in to pretty much all of my smoothies, but I definitely need to start adding chard more often!
- Calories: 6
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Vitamin A: 44% of RDV (recommended daily value)
- Vitamin C: 18% RDV
- Vitamin K: 374% RDV
- Iron: 4% RDV
- Manganese: 7% RDV
- Potassium: 4% RDV
- Magnesium: 7% RDV
I used rainbow chard in this smoothie which is a bundle of swiss chard and other chard varieties, but any chard will work!
If you’re looking for more delicious chard smoothies, then be sure to check out this blueberry smoothie with chard and spinach!
If you prefer a more traditional fruity green smoothie, then simply sub the vanilla almond milk for coconut water and you can transform this recipe into a tropical paradise.
A delicious green smoothie with a rich orange-peach creamsicle flavor! Perfect as a dessert smoothie or to start your day with a huge nutritious boost!
Swiss Chard Smoothie
- 1 cup Swiss Chard or Rainbow Chard
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 Peach, pitted
- 1 Orange, peeled
- 1 Banana, frozen
- 1.5 cups Vanilla Almond Milk
Smoothie Boosts (Optional)
- Wash and dry all fresh produce. Peel the banana and orange and remove the pit from the peach.
- Add ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have a high powered blender, try blending the chard and spinach with just the almond milk first before adding other ingredients.
- Be sure to use at least 1 frozen fruit or a handful of ice to make your smoothie cold and creamy!
- Boost your smoothie with even more protein! I use a protein brand called Gainful. They create a personalized protein blend for your specific needs whether that’s weight loss, muscle gain, recovery or more. They also cater to a variety of dietary needs like vegan, gluten-free, keto, and various allergies. You can find out which protein blend is the perfect fit for you by taking the protein quiz!
- Category: smoothie
- Serving Size: 12 oz
- Calories: 162g
- Sugar: 23g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: swiss chard smoothie, chard smoothie, rainbow chard smoothie