There’s nothing more refreshing than a fruit infused water on a hot summer day. This Strawberry Detox Water is no exception. It’s thirst-quenching, revitalizing, and most importantly – delicious!
Sweet flavors of strawberry combine with cooling cucumber, crisp lime, and fresh mint for a hydrating and rejuvenating detox water. Staying hydrated never tasted so good!
Fruit infused water gets the name “detox water” not because of the fruit, but because the powerful effects a proper intake of water can have on your body.
On top of boosting metabolism, hydrating skin, and increasing energy, staying adequately hydrated helps maintain proper kidney function.
Your kidneys are responsible for eliminating toxins and waste from your body – without enough water our kidneys can’t properly flush our systems of these unwanted toxins.
Fruit infused water is a delicious way to get your daily recommended intake of water to keep your body’s natural detoxification centers like the kidneys and liver functioning properly.
Strawberry Water Benefits
The fruit and vegetables in detox water isn’t only for flavoring though.
A portion of the water soluble vitamins and minerals will be infused into the water for an added nutritional boost. Let’s take a look at some of the nutritional benefits of this strawberry detox water:
These tiny little fruits are fat-free and low in calories, but are absolutely packed with Vitamin C and Polyphenols. Just 8 strawberries has as much Vitamin C as an entire orange! 
Polyphenols are primarily known for their antioxidative properties, but have also been shown to reduce the risk of everything from heart disease to diabetes. 
Lime water is great for digestive health. The acidity helps stimulate saliva and digestive juices which aid in the breakdown of food.
Furthermore, the citric acid found in limes has been shown to boost metabolism. 
One of the best parts about this Strawberry Detox Water is just how easy it is to make! Just thinly slice the ingredients, add water, and enjoy!
It’s extremely important to infuse your water in a glass container. If you use plastic the acidity from the fruits can break down the chemicals in the plastic and infuse them into your water!
I like to make my detox waters in big batches so I have enough to drink throughout the day. Then I refill my glass pitcher with water and let it infuse again overnight.
This way one recipe gives me about 3 days worth of delicious + healthy water!
A crisp and refreshing detox water with flavors of strawberry, cucumber, mint and lime. Perfect for rehydrating on a hot summer day. Getting your daily recommended 8 cups of water has never been so delicious!
- 2 cups Strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 large Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 small Limes, thinly sliced
- 0.5 oz Fresh Mint Leaves (about 3 sprigs)
- 8 cups Water (about 2 liters)
- Rinse and wash the Strawberries, Cucumber, Limes, and Mint
- Remove the tops off the Strawberries then thinly slice
- Thinly slice Cucumber and Lime
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass pitcher and enjoy
- Let the water infuse for 2+ hours if you want a stronger flavor
- You can continue to refill your infusion with water until the water starts to lose flavor (about 2-3 full refills)
- I like to make my detox waters in large batches and store them in a glass beverage dispenser
- Or take your detox water to go with an infusion water bottle
Keywords: Strawberry Detox Water, Strawberry Infused Water, Strawberry Water