This vibrant pineapple beet smoothie is packed with nutrient dense, vitamin rich superfoods and has a delicious tropical flavor!
What better way to prep for cold and flu season than with a vitamin C boosted, tropical punch flavored, super smoothie?
This supercharged smoothie follows the Fresh 5 smoothie template, a balanced and nutritionally rich meal replacement smoothie formula.
How To Make A
Pineapple Beet Super Smoothie
Wash and dry the fresh produce. Remove the ends from the carrots and beet. Save the beet greens to make a super nutrient rich green smoothie! Peel the carrots, beet, and orange.
Add the ingredients to the blender starting with coconut water. Next add the soft ingredients, orange, banana, and pineapple. Then add the harder veggies, carrots and the beet. Finally, add any frozen fruit or ice on top. This blender layering technique pushes the ingredients down into the blades and helps to create a perfectly smooth texture!
Fresh Tip: If you don’t have a high speed blender like a Vitamix (I saved over $150 on my Vitamix by buying it refurbished) then you may have trouble liquefying the carrots. Try blending just the carrots with the coconut water first before adding other ingredients!
Blend until smooth and you’ve reached your desired consistency. Once blended add any protein or superfood boosts you’d like. I used camu camu powder, baobab powder, and flaxseeds!
Fresh Tip: Be sure to use at least one frozen fruit so that your smoothie is cold and smooth! I like to halve, peel, and then freeze any bananas that are going brown. It stops me from having to throw them out and frozen bananas make perfect creamy smoothies!
Most people are used to the idea of veggies in their green smoothies, but incorporating all colors of fruit and vegetables in our diet is important.
This upbeat red smoothie is packed with vitamins and minerals thanks to the nutrient dense, energy boosting beets.
But this smoothie’s main draw (besides the delicious flavor of course) is its immune boosting properties!
The pineapple and orange in here alone offers over 160% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C (a crucially important vitamin for your immune system).
But it’s flu season and sometimes your immune system just needs all the help it can get. That’s why camu camu powder is my superfood booster of choice for this smoothie.
Just 1 tsp. of camu camu powder contains 760% of your daily value of vitamin C! This little Peruvian berry truly is remarkable.
Another superfood I like to use in this smoothie is baobab. Baobab is the fruit of Africa’s “tree of life” and is also a rich source of vitamin C.
But what baobab is really known for is its high content of both soluble and insoluble fibers. This makes baobab an excellent prebiotic to promote a healthy gut.
A healthy gut microbiome is actually extremely important for your immune system. The bacteria in your gut has a direct effect on how susceptible you are to disease. 
Want more delicious and naturally healing smoothies like this one? Check out this anti-inflammatory smoothie with turmeric – a tropical green smoothie full of powerful anti-inflammatory ingredients!
More Delicious Healthy Drink Recipes
Can’t get enough of this immunity smoothie? You’ll love these other healthy drink recipes:
This vibrant red smoothie has a delicious tropical punch taste and is a vitamin C powerhouse. The perfect smoothie to get rid of those winter blues and supercharge your immune system for cold and flu season!
- 1.5 cups Coconut Water
- 1 Orange, peeled
- 1 Banana, peeled
- 1 medium Beet, peeled
- 2 large Carrots, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup Pineapple, fresh or frozen chunks
- 1 tbsp Flaxseeds (sub chia seeds or hemp seeds if you prefer)
Superfood Boosts (optional)
- Wash and prepare the fresh produce
- Add the ingredients to your blender in the order listed
- Blend on high until desired consistency
- Make sure you use at least one frozen fruit (either banana or pineapple chunks) to make your smoothie cold and smooth!
- If you don’t have a high powered blender like a Vitamix, you may need to blend the carrots with just coconut water before adding other ingredients.
- Boost your smoothie with some added protein! I use a protein brand called Gainful. They create a personalized protein blend for your specific needs whether that’s weight loss, muscle gain, recovery or more. They also cater to a variety of dietary needs like vegan, gluten-free, keto, and various allergies. You can find out which protein blend is the perfect fit for you by taking the protein quiz!
- Category: Smoothie
Keywords: Pineapple Beet Smoothie, Pineapple and Carrot Smoothie, Beet Orange Smoothie