Blue mermaid lemonade is the perfect summer refresher! It tastes just like lemonade, but has a vibrant aquamarine color and powerful anti-inflammatory properties thanks to blue spirulina.
- 4 cups Water
- 4 large Lemons, squeezed (yields about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup Agave Nectar (substitute 1 tsp liquid Stevia if you’re watching carbs, making this recipe 3.5 net carbs)
- 1 tsp E3 Live Blue Spirulina
- 1 pinch Salt (helps bring out the sweetness)
- Wash the lemons and cut them in half. Using a citrus press or your hands, squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl, removing any seeds. You should get about 1 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Whisk together the agave nectar with the lemon juice until thoroughly combined.
- In a large pitcher, combine the water, agave/lemon juice, blue spirulina, and a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined and the spirulina powder has dissolved.
- Refrigerate or pour over ice and enjoy!
- Category: juice
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 28.6g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 29.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: mermaid lemonade, blue spirulina lemonade