These tropical Coconut Mango Bars are the perfect summer dessert. Fresh mango, creamy coconut, all on a shortbread base. 100% vegan and gluten-free!
Creamy Coconut Layer
- 2 cups Cashews, soaked 4+ hours
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Water
Mango Puree Layer
- 2 cups Mango, cubed
- 2 tsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tbsp Water
- Soak cashews for 4+ hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add the shortbread ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until broken down and combined. There should still be some lumps in the dough/batter.
- Add the shortbread batter to an 8″ x 8″ cake pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 F for 17-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the shortbread bakes, drain the soaked cashews. Add the creamy coconut layer ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Start with less water and add as needed to thin to a pudding like consistency.
- Once shortbread is done baking, pour the creaming coconut layer over the shortbread base and spread evenly. Freeze for about 15 minutes to let set.
- While coconut layer freezes, mix the arrowroot powder and 1 tbsp of water until the powder is dissolved. Add the mixture and 2 cups of mango chunks to a blender and puree.
- Add the mango puree on top of the coconut layer and spread evenly. Freeze the bars until they are fully frozen through and hardened, about 2 hours.
- Once frozen, cut the bars into equal pieces. Let the bars fully thaw before enjoying. Store in the refrigerator to maintain the perfect creamy consistency.
- Save up to 50% on organic versions of the ingredients used in this recipe at Thrive Market. First time customers can get an additional 25% off their first order!
- Make eating healthy easy with a Vitamix blender. I use mine for everything from food processing, juicing, homemade nut milks, and of course perfectly smooth smoothies! I recommend the Explorian Series blenders for an affordable option, or the Vitamix A3500 for a top of the line smart blender.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: mango bars, mango squares, mango coconut dessert bars