Ginger turmeric shots with lemon, cayenne, and orange. These wellness shots have powerful anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties!
- 4 inches Turmeric Root (about 1/4 cup fresh or 2 tbsp powder)
- 4 inches Ginger Root (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Lemons, peeled
- 2 Oranges, peeled
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground Black Pepper (for turmeric absorption)
- 1/4 tsp Oil (*Optional: for turmeric absorption, see recipe notes)
- Wash and dry fresh produce. Peel the lemons and oranges.
- Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil in a small pan. Once boiling, add turmeric root, reduce heat to medium high and simmer for 7-8 minutes. After simmering, remove turmeric root while reserving the liquid in the pan. Put liquid in fridge to cool.
- While liquid cools, juice the turmeric root, ginger root, lemons, and oranges in a juicer. Stir in the cayenne, black pepper, and oil. Stir in the remaining cooled liquid from boiling the turmeric.
- Pour into shot glasses and enjoy! Store the leftover ginger turmeric shots in an air tight container in the fridge. They will last about 2-3 days.
- The active ingredient in turmeric called “curcumin” is not easily absorbed by our bodies. A compound called “piperine” in black pepper increases the absorption of curcumin by 2000%. Absorption is also increased by heating the turmeric. Curcumin is fat soluble so adding oil or taking the shots with a meal will increase their effectiveness.
- Want to add more of the powerful anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric to your diet? I recommend Science Natural’s Turmeric with BioPerine. Bioperine is a natural black pepper extract to further enhance the body’s absorption of curcumin. Each serving contains 1300mg of activated turmeric! Science Natural’s Turmeric is currently on sale for buy one get one free!
- Category: Juice
- Serving Size: 1 shot
- Calories: 21
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: turmeric shots, ginger shots, wellness shots