Mayonnaise is a staple ingredient in so many different sauces and recipes, but unfortunately vegan mayo options are rather limited. Instead of buying expensive egg free mayo, I prefer to make my own.
This creamy egg free cashew mayo is super simple and done in just 3 easy steps, but most importantly, it’s delicious! Once you try it you’ll never want store-bought mayo again.
This mayo gets its creaminess from you guessed it – cashews. In order to soften them for blending I let my cashews soak for 2-4 hours.
Depending on the strength of your blender you may need to let them soak overnight.
Once your cashews have soaked for a few hours, drain them and throw them in the blender along with the remaining ingredients.
I use 1/4 cup of almond milk but again this will depend on your blender. You may need to add more liquid to get the blending process started.
Blend on high 30-60 seconds or as needed until the mayonnaise is smooth and creamy.
Cashew mayo is the perfect “healthy”(er) substitute for any recipe that calls for mayonnaise – and it’s vegan! You can use it for everything from vegan ranch dressing, to a creamy potato salad or vegan coleslaw. The possibilities are endless!
A smooth, creamy, and delicious vegan mayonnaise made with cashews! There’s no need for expensive store-bought mayo when you can make your own in just 3 easy steps!
- 1 Cup Cashews, raw unsalted
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk (or any dairy-free milk)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Juice from 1 large Lemon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Add the cashews to a bowl with enough water to cover and let soak for 2-4 hours (you may need to soak overnight if you don’t have a high powered blender)
- Drain the cashews and add all of the ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- This is the perfect mayo base to add in other fun ingredients for a more flavorful mayo. Some of my favorites are Sriracha mayo, avocado mayo, and chipotle mayo!
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: egg free mayo, cashew mayonnaise