This post is sponsored by Vitamix. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Living Fresh Daily possible.
“Nice” cream is the ultimate frozen treat for both kids and adults this summer and this dragon fruit nice cream recipe is one of my favorites!
What is Dragon Fruit Nice Cream?
Nice cream is basically a healthy ice cream that is made entirely from fruit.
No dairy, no heavy cream, and no added sugar. It’s a vegan and low-fat frozen treat that is fun for the whole family!
The best part is you can make nice cream at home in just 5 minutes, no ice cream maker necessary!
All you need is frozen fruit and a high powered blender like a Vitamix!
What differentiates this dragon fruit ice cream from a dragon fruit smoothie or pitaya smoothie bowl is that I use no liquid ingredients.
This is essential for getting that thick texture.
Blending about 4 cups of frozen fruit with no liquid probably would’ve caused my old blender to explode, but it’s no problem for my Vitamix!
The things my Vitamix blender can do never ceases to amaze me, which is probably why I use it for just about everything.
But you don’t have to break your bank to own one of these wonderful machines. You can currently get $50 OFF the Vitamix E310, one of their most affordable models!
How To Make
Dragon Fruit Nice Cream
To get a thick nice cream texture you will want to use only frozen fruits. I also add 3 tbsp of coconut cream which gives it a creamier texture similar to ice cream.
The frozen fruits I use in this recipe are:
- 4 Bananas (Be sure to peel them before freezing!)
- 1/2 cup Mango
- 1/2 cup Raspberry
- 2 100g Pitaya/Dragon Fruit Smoothie Packs
The Vitamix tamper is the secret weapon for this recipe.
You can insert it through a hole in the lid and it lets you push/stir the frozen ingredients into the powerful Vitamix blades while you are still blending.
This is what makes this nice cream recipe so quick and easy!
Instead of having to constantly stop and start your blender to stir the ingredients, you just press them down with the tamper until everything is broken down.
After about one minute of blending, four “mounds” will start to form. Once the mounds form you can remove the tamper and let the nice cream blend on its own for about 30 seconds or until thick and creamy.
Straight out of the Vitamix, the nice cream has a thick soft-serve like consistency.
You can make some really fun nice cream bowls by mixing in healthy toppings like fresh fruit or granola.
Plus kids love building their own bowls and adding all of their favorite toppings.
Here’s some fun topping ideas for the kids (I sometimes add these to mine too, but don’t judge me):
- Chocolate Chips
- Gummy Bears
These nice cream bowls are the perfect healthy alternative to a family ice cream night.
The soft serve dragon fruit nice cream is great, but you can also turn it into thick and creamy dragon fruit ice cream that scoops just like real ice cream!
Simply pour the nice cream mixture into a bread/ice cream pan and let it freeze for about one hour.
Once frozen, you can scoop it into ice cream cones or serve it in a bowl.
I like to garnish my dragon fruit nice cream with some fresh lime zest and a little bit of shredded coconut to really amplify the tropical flavors!
It’s such a refreshing and healthy way to beat the summer heat.
You can refreeze any leftovers, just let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before scooping if it has been in the freezer for a long time.
Whether you prefer the fun soft serve bowls or a creamy ice cream cone, nice cream is such a versatile frozen treat.
And the flavor possibilities are almost endless! Just keep the frozen bananas as the base and add any other frozen fruit you’d like.
Here’s a few of my favorite nice cream flavors:
- Pineapple Mango
- Strawberry Banana
- Peach Raspberry
A healthy frozen treat that will satisfy the kids and is ready in just 5 minutes seriously can’t be beat. It’s a summertime savior around my house.
Grab $100 OFF a new Vitamix blender of your own and give nice cream a try this summer!
A thick and creamy dragon fruit nice cream made entirely from frozen fruit. It’s healthy, delicious, and ready in just 5 minutes! This hot pink nice cream is the perfect frozen treat for kids and adults this summer!
- 4 Bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup Mango, cubed and frozen
- 1/2 cup Raspberry, frozen
- 2 cups Pitaya/Dragon Fruit, cubed and frozen (or use two 100g smoothie packs)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Cream (the creamy solid part in a can of coconut milk)
- Add the frozen fruit and coconut cream to your Vitamix blender and gradually increase the speed to the highest setting.
- Using the tamper, press the frozen fruit into the blades until everything is completely broken down, about one minute.
- Once the frozen fruit is broken down and 4 “mounds” start to appear in the mixture, you can remove the tamper and let the nice cream blend on its own. Blend for another 30 seconds until you have a thick and creamy texture.
- Enjoy right away for a thick soft-serve ice cream consistency, or freeze for about 1 hour for a creamy and scoopable nice cream!
- You can currently get $50 OFF the Vitamix E310, one of the most affordable Vitamix models. It’s the perfect entry level model to get started, with all of the amazing blending capabilities that Vitamix is famous for!
- Or treat yourself to the perfect Mother’s Day gift and get $100 OFF all new Vitamix blenders! A Vitamix blender is an ideal gift for healthy moms whether you want to make silky smooth smoothies, creamy home made nut butters, easy nice cream, or more!
- Category: dessert
- Method: blender
- Serving Size: 3 scoops
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 25.3g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 44.1g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 3.1g
Keywords: dragon fruit ice cream, pitaya ice cream, nice cream