This refreshing and healthy detox water is the perfect summer thirst quencher.
Hydrating + soothing cucumber is combined with invigorating ginger and lemon for a crisp and revitalizing infused water.
Fresh mint leaves add a cooling yet energizing component to this delicious cucumber lemon ginger water.
Cucumber and Lemon Water Benefits
Infused water, also known as “detox water”, is a great way to add nutrients and flavor to your water without adding extra calories.
While you won’t get all of the nutrients that you would be getting by eating the ingredients, detox water is still able to soak up the water soluble vitamins and minerals of whatever it is infused with.
Consider this a bonus compared to just drinking normal water.
The delicious flavor also makes it easy to consume your daily recommended 8+ cups of water. With so many different detox water flavors to try, your taste buds will never get bored!
Maintaining proper hydration is one of the easiest – yet often most overlooked – ways to stay healthy and lose weight.
So let’s take a look at some of the added health benefits you can expect from drinking cucumber, lemon, ginger, and mint infused water.
Cucumbers are known for their hydrating properties as well as being a rich source of vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B-5, potassium, vitamin K, and a variety of flavonoid antioxidants. 
They are particularly good for skin health and are used in a variety of revitalizing and anti-aging skin care products.
Their cool, refreshing flavor is perfect for infused waters and goes great in this Strawberry Detox Water.
Lemon juice is great for detoxification. It helps stimulate the liver (the body’s natural detox center) and aids the digestive tract to keep things running smoothly.
Lemon water also contains pectin, a fiber that is known to decrease appetite and keep you feeling full longer. 
Ginger has been used medicinally for centuries, primarily for its anti-nausea properties. It’s also a common ingredient in modern day wellness shots.
The same phenolic compounds that make ginger great for easing nausea also make it a great anti-inflammatory food.
Ginger is one of the main ingredients in this delicious anti-inflammatory Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie.
A study by the Cancer Prevention Research journal even found ginger to be effective at reducing the risk of colorectal cancer. 
Mint is another great digestive aid. Its soothing properties can aid with nausea and headaches.
How to make the perfect Cucumber Lemon Mint Water
Perhaps one of the best parts about detox water is just how easy it is to make. Simply slice up the ingredients, add water, and let it sit so that the flavor and nutrients can infuse into the water.
But if you really want to step up your infused water game, follow these 4 simple tips and you’ll have the perfect detox water in no time!
- Infuse for 2+ Hours – The flavors and nutrients won’t infuse into the water straight away. I generally make my detox water the night before and let it infuse in the fridge over night.
- Infuse at room temp – Basic chemistry says that water based reactions happen faster at higher temperatures. Let your water sit at room temperature if you want to speed up the infusion – just don’t leave it out for more than a few hours unrefrigerated.
- Thinly slice – Another way to speed up the infusion process is to thinly slice your ingredients. This makes it easier for the water to soak through and absorb all the wonderful nutrients and flavors!
- Use a glass pitcher – This tip is really important. Acidic ingredients like lemon can eat away at plastic containers especially over long periods of time while you let your water infuse. The last thing you want in your healthy detox water is a bunch of nasty plastic chemicals, so be sure to use a glass pitcher. (I like this one)
Detox waters are a super simple way to stay hydrated, get extra nutrients, and even lose weight.
But if you really want to take your detox and weight loss to the next level then I recommend trying a 3-day juice cleanse! (This one is my favorite).
I’ve found 3 day cleanses to be a great balance between challenging and rewarding, but you can always start with a 1-day cleanse if it’s your first time!
A refreshing and thirst quenching detox water. Soothing cucumber is combined with stimulating ginger, invigorating lemon, and cooling mint for a crisp and revitalizing infused water.
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 Inch Piece Ginger, thinly sliced
- 0.5 oz Fresh Mint (about 3 sprigs)
- 8 cups water (about 2 liters)
- Peel and thinly slice ginger
- Thinly slice lemon and cucumber
- Rinse mint and remove leaves from stems
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass pitcher and enjoy!
- Letting the water infuse for at least 2 hours will give you a stronger flavored detox water
- You can continue to refill your infusion pitcher with water until it starts to lose flavor (3-5 refills)
- Category: Detox Water
Keywords: Cucumber Lemon Ginger Water