This blender carrot juice recipe is light, refreshing, and ready in just 5 minutes!
Carrots are low in calories and packed with revitalizing nutrients like beta-carotene. Their high water content and lightly sweet flavor makes them perfect for a nutritious juice.
But what if you don’t want to splurge on an expensive juicer?
This recipe will show you how to make a hydrating and nourishing carrot juice using just a blender!
Health Benefits of Carrot Juice
While carrots contain a wide range of vitamins and minerals, they are most known for their beta-carotene content that gives them their beautiful color.
Beta-carotene is an antioxidant that is converted to vitamin A by our bodies and it comes with a variety of potential health benefits.
Oxidative stress contributes to the aging process of our brain and our bodies as a whole. Antioxidants like beta-carotene can help combat the free radicals that cause oxidative stress.
One study found that the long term consumption of beta-carotene might even help prevent cognitive decline. 
Beta-carotene’s antioxidant properties can also help protect the skin from damage caused by the sun’s UV rays. This protection can help keep the skin healthy and youthful. 
It is commonly known that carrots are great for eye health. This is mainly due to their high beta carotene content.
Beta carotene has been shown to play an important role in decreasing age-related macular degeneration. 
Carrot juice isn’t just a delicious and refreshing drink, it might actually make that beta-carotene in the carrots more readily available to our bodies than just eating whole carrots.
Research suggests that processing carrots into a puree first can significantly increase the bioavailability of their carotenes. 
How To Make
Carrot Juice In a Blender
Rinse and dry the carrots, lemon, and ginger. Remove ends from carrots and cut lemon in half (you can also use bottled lemon juice instead). Peel the carrots and ginger piece.
The ginger and lemon add some extra flavor to the juice and give it a refreshing finish.
Fresh Tip: Be sure to peel the carrots before blending. If you leave the peel on, your juice will have a gritty texture.
Add the ingredients to your blender. If you don’t have a powerful blender you may want to blend just the water and carrots together first so they can get fully broken down.
Fresh Tip: The ice helps to keep the juice cool while blending. Heat can degrade some of the nutrients in the juice.
Blend on high until juice is smooth and carrots are fully liquefied – about 60 seconds.
*Optional: Depending on your blender or preferences you may want to squeeze the juice through a nut milk bag for a super smooth texture. You can also skim some of the foam off the top after blending for a smoother texture.
A light and refreshing carrot juice packed full of revitalizing nutrients. Made in a blender and ready to drink in under 5 minutes! No juicer needed.
- 2-3 Large Carrots, peeled
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice (juice from about 1 large lemon)
- 1/2 inch piece Ginger, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Ice Cubes
- Wash and dry the fresh produce. Cut ends off of carrots then peel them. Remove peel from a 1/2 inch piece of ginger. Halve the lemon for squeezing.
- Add water, carrots, ginger, lemon juice and ice to a high speed blender. Blend on high for about 60 seconds until carrots have been fully liquefied.
- *Optional: Depending on your blender or preferences, you may want to strain and squeeze the juice through a nut milk bag for an extra smooth finish. If you’re doing this step use only 1/2 cup of water in step 2.
- Be sure to peel the carrots or the juice will have a gritty texture.
- A high speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec is capable of making this recipe into a smooth juice texture without the need to strain at the end. I personally use this blender.
- The ice cubes help keep the juice cool while blending. Too much heat can degrade the valuable nutrients.
Keywords: Carrot Juice Recipe, Blender Carrot Juice